Monday, September 13, 2010

Blog Focus: Social Media


This semester I would like to focus my blog on the social media aspect of Public Relations. I chose to blog about this social and media side of PR because of how amazed I am with the amount of advertisements and celebrities that impact our society so heavily.
                  Today individuals of many ages are so tuned in with the internet, television that advertisments are constantly influencing consumers through products and ideas . I feel as though our society is greatly impacted by the images and actions making us want to try new things or imitate celebrities with desire.  For example something as simple as the Taylor Swift “got milk” ad gets fans of Taylor Swift to want to drink milk, to be like her. Between twitter, facebook, myspace, blogs Statuses are constantly being used by celebrities and companies, to promote and advertise things.
                  I am looking forward to focusing my blog on this subject more and finding news articles to research the advertising and social media side of PR.


No comments:

Post a Comment